Eureka Springs Family Vacations
So you are taking the family to Eureka Springs. There are lots of family friendly activities to keep you busy.
- Go on a ghost tour. Kids get a thrill from exploring the places they have seen on the televised ghost hunting shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. Reservations for ghost tours in America’s Most Haunted Hotel are highly recommended. Be sure to reserve your ghost tour tickets and attraction tickets online in advance.
- Meet lions, tigers and bears…oh my. Kids love to visit Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge to see rescued big cats and bears. Dinner for the animals is around 5. It is a great time to visit. Reserve Turpentine Creek tickets online now.
- Find adventure Downtown Underground. Discover the “wild” side of Eureka and explore underground passages no longer accessible to the public with Downtown-N-Underground tours. Buy your Downtown-N-Underground tickets online.
- Experience Extreme FUN. Thrills and adventure await you on the Ozark Mountain Ziplines at Eureka Springs. Zip down one of 10 lines ranging from 120-1800 feet in length.
- Ride the train. They love the sound of the whistle blowing and the clickity-clack of the track.Kids see the train switch tracks and get to talk to a real train conductor. Ride on the ES & NA Railway.
Eureka Springs attractions make Eureka Springs a choice vacation destination. Here are some of the most popular attractions:
- Ghost Tours
- The Great Passion Play
- Ozark Mountain Ziplines at Eureka Springs
- Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge
- Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railroad
- Downtown – N – Underground
- Intrigue Theater
- Pine Mountain Theater
- Hellraisers, Hoodlums & Heated History Tour – New!
See a full list of Eureka Springs attractions. If you are planning on visiting several attractions, consider purchasing attraction ticket bundles online to save money. Many Eureka Springs lodging properties offer vacation packages that include attraction tickets.
Find more great ideas for things to do in Eureka Springs.
- Take a scenic drive. Visit all 10 sites on the Arkansas Art Trail. Motorcycles from
all over the country come to ride the winding, scenic roads of the Ozarks.
- Tour the natural springs. Visit dozens of natural springs, many surrounded by beautiful little pocket parks. Many enjoy taking photos of the springs with the change of each season. The springs are open year round.
- Enjoy a movie under a blanket of stars. During the warmer months, free movies play in the open air of Basin Spring Park in downtown Eureka Springs. Plan your vacation around Eureka Springs events.
- Explore the outdoors. Eureka Springs has miles of woodland trails right in town. Hike, float, ride or bike.
- Take an architectural tour. From Thorncrown Chapel to the famous Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs is full of amazing architecture. Take a self-guided walking tour of downtown Eureka Springs.
Discover Eureka Springs vacation packages and last minute hot deals for Eureka Springs lodging.
Investigated by the Sci-Fi Channel’s Ghost Hunters, the Crescent Hotel is known as America’s Most Haunted Hotel. It has been featured on NBC’s Today Show, A&E’s Haunted Road Trips, USA Today and most recently the Bio Network’s My Ghost Story. The hotel continues to gain popularity as the legend continues.
Tours run 7 nights a week. Tickets are $19.50 per person. Children under the age of twelve are $7.00.
Tour size is limited therefore it is strongly recommended to purchase your tickets in advance to ensure a tour. Tour times are at 8pm with additional time slots made available as needed.
Visitors and guests alike flock to America’s Most Haunted Hotel to explore and take the nightly ghost tour. Staffed by members of ESP (Eureka Springs Paranormals) the tour opens behind the scenes “active areas” culminating with a thrilling visit to the Baker Hospital morgue and autopsy table.
Having earned a reputation as America’s Most Haunted Hotel, the Crescent Hotel has a rich and colorful history. The hotel’s grand lobby makes an impression making it no surprise that the Crescent Hotel is a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America.
Thousands of visitors to the Crescent Hotel are entertained with intriguing tales from its past every year with exciting ghost tours. Though Crescent Ghost Tours are one of the most popular of Eureka Springs attractions, the Crescent Hotel has built on its reputation and launched Crescent Theatre. Run by Keith Scales, Crescent Theatre is all about entertainment and offers a variety of shows suitable for different ages and interests.
Whether you are staying overnight at the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa or just visiting Eureka Springs don’t miss a chance to discover what makes the Crescent Hotel and the mountain town of Eureka Springs such a unique destination.
2013 Crescent Theatre Productions:
Flickering Tales: Ghost stories of the Ozarks –New in 2013-
Reserve your tickets to Crescent Theatre productions online NOW!
Eureka Springs is a vacation destination. Recognized as a one of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations, one of America’s Top 6 Getaway Destinations and a Top 25 Arts Destination in the U.S., Eureka Springs offers a variety of things to keep your family busy.
Take a tour of Eureka’s Underground with a Downtown-N-Underground tour or hang with the big cats at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge.
Arts & Crafts
Adults love to explore downtown Eureka Springs. Unique shops, dozens of art galleries and independently owned restaurants are part of what make Eureka Springs an extraordinary escape. Kids of all ages can get crafty with a class at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts.
Meet in the mornings for a War Eagle breakfast and enjoy resort activities at a mountaintop spa resort. Kids will love the swimming pool and adults will enjoy the spa. The resort’s shuttle or the Eureka Springs trolley can transport your family all over Eureka Springs so you can explore together.
Surrounded by parks, lakes and natural springs, Eureka Springs offers many outdoor activities for families. Rent canoes or old fashioned paddle boats at Lake Leatherwood and plan a family cookout.
Stay in a cottage, a hotel downtown or a mountaintop spa resort. Eureka Springs lodging can accommodate everyone. Contact one of Eureka Springs professional sales representatives to help you plan your reunion. Let them help you get the best rates on rooms and attractions.
Eureka Springs is a destination for adventure travel in Arkansas, the Natural State. Here are just a few of the outdoor activities you can try while in Eureka Springs:
- Hiking – From the sidewalks of downtown to the pristine woodland trails, Eureka Springs offers plenty of hiking opportunities. Take a walking or guided tour of downtown, explore Oil Springs Trail on Black Bass Lake or take an expedition to nearby Buffalo River National Park Region.
- Biking – Discover epic trails at Lake Leatherwood or sign up for one of Eureka Springs Outdoor Events.
- Floating – Enjoy scenic floats on the Kings River with Black Jack Adventure, Kings River Outfitters or Riverside Canoes. Float the White River with Adventure Mountain Outfitters. Canoe or paddle on Lake Leatherwood.
- Ziplining – Feel the thrill of zipping through the Ozark Mountain canopy in Eureka Springs. Ozark Mountain Ziplines at Eureka Springs will guide your adventure through the treetops.
- Fishing – The White River is a premier fishing stream.
- Boating – Table Rock Lake and Beaver Lake offer boat rentals and other watercraft for a fun day on the water. Check out Starkey Marina and Holiday Island Marina for boat rentals.
- Swimming – With clear water, Beaver Lake is the choice lake for swimming and diving.
- Spelunking – Discover Onyx Cave, War Eagle Cavern, Cosmic Caverns or one of many historic caves near the natural springs of Eureka Springs.
- Water Skiing – Table Rock Lake and Beaver Lake are perfect for water skiing. Check out Starkey Marina and Holiday Island Marina for boat and ski rentals.
- Horseback Riding – Spend a day exploring the outdoors on horseback at one of many Eureka Springs stables. Check out Red Bud Riding Stables or Steve’s Stables.
- Birding & Wildlife Viewing – You will find wildlife everywhere in Eureka Springs. Explore Lake Leatherwood, Harmon Park, Black Bass Lake and other city parks. To see elk, visit the Buffalo National River Region.
- Scenic Drives & Motorcycle Rides – Follow the Arkansas Art Trail or download a map of Eureka Springs Best Motorcycle Rides.
Plan your Eureka Springs outdoor vacation.
Here are the top 25 outdoor sites in or near Eureka Springs:
- Basin Spring Park
- Beaver Dam
- Beaver Lake
- Black Bass Lake
- Buffalo National River
- Cosmic Cavern
- Crescent Spring
- Crescent Park
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art Trails
- Eureka’s Natural Springs
- Downtown Eureka Springs
- Grotto Spring
- Harmon Park
- Kings River
- Lake Leatherwood
- Little Lake Eureka
- Magnetic Spring
- Natural Bridge
- Onyx Cave
- Pivot Rock
- Sweet Spring
- Table Rock Lake
- War Eagle Cavern
- War Eagle Mill
- White River
Stay overnight and explore more with one of these great Eureka Springs vacation packages.
Just a few miles from Branson, Eureka Springs is home to extraordinary tours and
attractions. With so many fun activities to do, Eureka Springs Arkansas has something for everyone.
- Plan on visiting top Eureka Springs attractions.
- Discover the best things to do in Eureka Springs for kids.
- Pick your favorite adult activities in Eureka Springs.
- Don’t miss the top Eureka Springs tourist locations.
- Find cheap things to do in Eureka Springs.
- Get creative with artistic things to do when visiting an Art Destination.
Take it easy…it’s your vacation. Eureka Springs vacation packages make it easy to enjoy one of America’s Most Distinctive Destinations. Browse Eureka Springs lodging and find the perfect place to stay.
Top 10 tourist locations for Eureka Springs Arkansas
- Historic Downtown Eureka Springs
- Arkansas Art Trail
- Thorncrown Chapel
- Eureka Springs Natural Springs & Healing Waters
- St. Elizabeth’s Church
- Crescent Hotel
- Christ of the Ozarks
- Pivot Rock
- Beaver Lake and Beaver Dam
- East Mountain Overlook
To see all 10 top tourist attractions in Eureka Springs can take several days. Find great Eureka Springs vacation packages and last minute hot deals. Want more ideas for things to do? Explore the outdoors, attend one of Eureka Springs’ renowned festivals or annual events, have fun at one of many Eureka Springs attractions.