- The leaves are falling and the holidays are right around the corner. The countdown has begun and the holiday shopping has too. Eureka Springs has made holiday shopping a fun experience all its own.
Nestled deep in the Ozark Mountains, Eureka Springs is a town with lots of character. Unlike the mega-mall, there is no blur of chain stores with mass produced gift items that will appear under thousands of trees across the nation. Eureka Springs takes pride in its nearly 100 one of a kind, privately owned stores stocked with items that are as much fun to look at as they are to purchase for gift giving.
The Eureka Springs shopping experience includes endless possibilities but here are a few ideas to get you started in planning for your early holiday shopping excursion:
Take a day to tour of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, have lunch and peruse their gift shop. You will notice that many Eureka Springs’ artists are featured there.
- Go straight to the source with a short, beautiful drive east along the Arkansas Art Trail catching every last glimpse of the Ozarks’ awesome fall color on your way to Eureka Springs.
- Arrive in Eureka Springs in time for a wonderful dinner (see great Eureka Springs Restaurants) followed by a relaxing, perhaps romantic, overnight stay in a historic, experiential hotel or cottage (take advantage of ReserveEureka.com’s vacation hot deals).
- Begin Day 2 ”sightseeing” through small, friendly Eureka Springs’ shops and discover totally unique gifts or piece of arts for those special people on your Christmas list.
- Save time recover from your shopping experience with a welcoming duet massage in a comforting spa setting (Learn more about Eureka Springs Spas or get great deals on spa services when you stay overnight).
- End the shopping day with dinner under the stars at the SkyBar Pizzaria or overlooking Basin Spring Park at the Balcony Restaurant.
Tip: Consider using the Eureka Springs Transit routes to get from hotel to shopping and other inspiring attractions like Thorncrown Chapel and the Christ of the Ozarks statue taking in the architecture along the historic loops in between. You will never have to get into your car until they are ready to leave town!
If you have time, take one more day on the Arkansas Art Trail. An early morning drive will offer glimpses of a majestic herd of elk against the backdrop of the pristine bluffs and sparkling waters of the Buffalo National River.
Your Eureka Springs Holiday Shopping Experience is guaranteed to beat pushing a wire basket with a wobbly wheel around a big box store!
Want to share your experience with some of those on your list? Many of the historic hotels and other lodging venues offer gift certificates for overnight stays; some offering generous discounts. Spa visits, a special meal or two, and tickets to various area attractions have been packaged together by many hotels for a fabulous and easily wrapped gift.